Seasonal Restoration Technicians work with experienced Restoration Technicians to perform manual labor as part of a 5 person crew to implement habitat restoration projects with landowners throughout the Skagit and Samish Watersheds. Activities are primarily geared towards planting and maintenance of native vegetation along waterways being restored. Work may also include constructing and repairing fences along streams, monitoring vegetation survival, improving in-stream habitat for salmon, and replacing culverts under road crossings to improve fish passage. Technicians work directly with landowners and conservation partners under the supervision of the Restoration Crew Coordinator.
Position Title: Seasonal Habitat Restoration Technician
Supervised by: Restoration Crew Coordinator
Classification: Temporary Full-Time, Non-Exempt (hourly)
Work Schedule: Generally works four 10 hour days (Monday through Thursday)
Pay: $13.75 per hour plus holidays during the season
Duration: 4 months, June 19 through October 12, 2017
- Knowledge and skills related to native plant identification and revegetation techniques.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools such as weedeaters, chainsaws, and drills.
- Ability to apply herbicides approved for use in riparian areas under the direction of licensed herbicide applicator.
- Able to perform physically demanding manual labor outdoors, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain in all types of weather
- Knowledge and skills related to stream restoration and salmon habitat needs.
- Comfortable working around heavy equipment such as excavators.
Send resume and cover letter preferably as a pdf document to:
Joe George, Restoration Crew Coordinator
Attn: Restoration Technician Position
(360) 770-5677 or (360) 336-0172
Recruitment closes 5/17/17. Interviews will be scheduled for week of 5/22.
Start Date: 6/19/201